Single Serve Microwave Carrot Cake
This single serve carrot cake made in the the microwave is the perfect solution to those late night sweet tooth cravings. This quick and easy one minute carrot mug cake has all the flavors of the traditional carrot cake without the work.
Servings: 4 People
- ½ cup All Purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon All spice
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 teaspoon Flax meal
- ½ cup Carrot finely grated
- 4 Tablespoon Brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Butter melted
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
For the Cream Cheese Frosting -
- 3 Tablespoon Cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon Butter
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- ¾ cup Powdered sugar
In a bowl, combine all the wet ingredients along with the grated carrots. Make sure that you grate the carrots really fine as we are going to use the microwave to bake them quickly. Large chunks of carrot might taste very raw.
In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Mix them to combine using a wire whisk.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix gently to combine. Do not over mix as the cake will turn our hard.
Grease a couple of ramekins well with butter. Add the prepared batter to the bowl. Make sure that you fill it less than half way through as it will rise during cooking in the microwave. My ramekins were quite small and it was scary to watch them when cooking as I was constantly worried that they would spill out.
Microwave for a minute in 50% Power. The batter did rise quite a bit, so make sure that you are cooking it in low power. After a minute, cook it further for about 15 more seconds in full power to complete the baking.
Remove the ramekins from the microwave and set it to cool. Remember that the bowls will be quite hot to handle. So remove it carefully.
Once they cool down, run a knife along the edges of the bowl and remove the cake. Slice the cake in between and spread the cream cheese frosting in between the layers. Spread some frosting on the top as well and serve.
Procedure to make the Cream Cheese Frosting -
Soften a cream cheese in the microwave and whisk it well. Add the vanilla and the butter and combine.
Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix well to combine.
The frosting is ready to use now.
- Make sure to grate the carrots fine. Since we bake the cake in the microwave and in a short time, big chunks do not cook well.
- Use a ramekin or a mug tall enough for the cake to rise. The cake does rise almost twice the initial size.
- I like to bake them in smaller ramekins rather than in the mug, but it will work in a mug as well.
- If using cream cheese frosting, I would suggest baking these quick carrot cakes in small ramekins, so we can take them out easily to frost.
- Grease the ramekins well if planning to take it out and frost.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 2967IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1mg