The most amazing street food from the shores / beaches in Chennai is the Spicy Masala Peanuts loaded with vegetables and perfectly boiled peanuts. This Beach style masala sundal or masla kadalai, as it is called locally, makes for a great protein filled snack which is so addictive that you will keep coming back for mo
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 ½ cups Raw peanuts with skin
- ¼ cup Red onion chopped finely
- ¼ cup Raw mango chopped finely
- 1 Tomato deseeded (finely chopped)
- 2 Green chilies optional, finely chopped
- ½ bunch Cilantro – a good handful finely chopped
- to taste Salt
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Chaat masala optional
I used pressure cooker to boil my peanuts. Wash the peanuts and then add enough water and salt to cook the peanuts. Place the container in the cooker and cook for about 4-5 whistles. Let the steam release and then drain the peanuts on to a colander.
Once the peanuts cool down a bit, add it to a large bowl (big enough to toss around) and add the rest of the ingredients. When adding salt, remember that we added salt when cooking the peanuts.
Toss around a few times to mix the ingredients and serve.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg