Paneer Fried Rice – Indo-Chinese Style
Paneer Fried Rice is a fusion Indo-Chinese style dish with a variation to traditional Fried Rice. This is a quick dish to repurpose left over rice.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup Rice I used Basmati
- 250 gms Paneer chopped into small cubes
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 Spring onions greens and whites separated and finely chopped
- 1 large Carrot finely chopped
- ½ Bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ cup Cabbage finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chili sauce adjust based on your spice level
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- as needed Salt I did not need any
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon Regular cooking oil
Chop all the vegetables and paneer and keep it ready. This is a stir fry recipe and the vegetables need to go in one after the other.
Cook the rice and let it cool down. Make sure that the rice grains are all separate and not sticky.
In a wide pan, heat the regular cooking oil and sauté the paneer cubes until light golden. Now add the chopped onion and the white part of the spring onion and fry in medium to high heat for 2 minutes. Add the minced garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
Add the rest of the chopped vegetables, half of spring onion greens and sesame oil and mix well. Fry on high heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked. Make sure that the vegetables still has a crunch to it.
Add the soy sauce, ketchup and the hot sauce and mix well. Let it cook for about 2 minutes and then add the rice. Gently mix to combine and check for the seasonings.
Serve hot with Gobhi Manchurian!
Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 873mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3616IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 342mg | Iron: 1mg