Pizzadilla – Fusion Of Pizza And Quesadilla
Pizzadilla is a fusion of pizaa and quesadilla with vegetables and spices. This is one of kids favorite and a very good recipe for kid's lunch boxes.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 Tortilla Burrito size
- 2 tablespoon Pizza sauce or tomato sauce or salsa
- ⅓ cup Cheese Mozzarella or Mexican blend
- ¼ cup Onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Sal to season the vegetables
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon Hot chili sauce optional
In a small pan heat the oil and sauté the vegetables for 3-4 mins. Make sure that the vegetables still has the crunch to it. Add salt needed for the vegetables and also add the hot chili sauce and garam masala. Mix well and keep aside.
In a tawa or griddle, spray some oil and heat the tortilla on either side. On one half of the tortilla spread about a tablespoon of pizza sauce or tomato sauce or salsa.
Now spread about a tablespoon of cheese on top of the sauce.
Add half of the sautéed vegetable and spread it evenly over the cheese.
Now add about 1 more tablespoon of cheese on top and fold the tortilla over.
Press well with a flat spatula and flip the tortilla over. Cook the whole time in low to medium heat until the tortilla is crispy on both the sides.
Repeat the same with the other tortilla as well using up all the vegetables and cheese.
Once cooled a little bit, divide the pizzadilla into two and serve with salsa or marinara sauce on the side.
- Depending on your child’s liking add any vegetables as stuffing.
- Also make sure that you split the cheese and add it in the top and bottom to ensure that the pizzadilla sticks well.
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 421IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg