Spicy Watermelon Salsa Recipe
Have you ever tried to make a savory salsa with watermelon? If not, you need to give this delicious watermelon salsa or watermelon Pico de Gallo a try. One of the easiest recipe ever to make with watermelon and I guarantee that you will not miss your tomatoes in this.
- 4 cups Watermelon finely chopped
- ¾ cup Red onion
- 2 Jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lime juice
- to taste Salt
- 1 teaspoon Indian chat masala optional
If using a seeded watermelon, remove the seeds, skin and rind and chop it into fine pieces. Chop the watermelon into tiny pieces so that we can scoop it onto a chip.
Place the chopped fruit in a large bowl.
Also chop onion, jalapeno and cilantro and place it in the same bowl as the watermelon.
Add salt needed and squeeze the lime juice and toss everything together.
Chill the salsa for couple of hours before serving as it helps enhance the flavors.
- Make sure to chop the watermelon in small pieces. It helps when scooping on to a chip.
- Use red onions for the best flavor.
- Add more vegetables like cucumber, bell pepper as per your preference.
- Chill the watermelon salsa for couple of hours for best flavors.
Calories: 42kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 719IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg