3 hours 22 mins
– 2 ½ cups Whole wheat flour – ½ tablespoon Active dry yeast – 2 teaspoon Sugar –½ tablespoon Salt – ½ tablespoon Oil – ¼ cup Cracked wheat bran – 1 ¼ cup Warm water more or less as needed to make the dough
– Once the dough has doubled in volume, divide it into 8 equal balls. – Cut out 8 parchment papers to fit the rolled dough. I cut mine into 10 inch wide sheets. – Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of cracked wheat bran on the parchment and place a ball of dough on it.
– Roll the dough out to a even circle less than a ¼ inch thick. I also sprinkled some wheat bran on the top and rolled. The dough did not need any flour to dust when rolling. – Place the rolled dough with the parchment on a baking sheet. – Repeat the same with the rest of the dough balls and place the on a baking sheet.
– Cover the rolled dough and let it rest for about 30 minutes. – In the meantime, pre-heat the oven to 500 F with a pizza stone inside. If you don't have a pizza stone, you could bake them on a tray, but the pizza stone gives it a beautiful texture. – Slowly place one of the rolled flatbread with the parchment on the pizza stone using a pizza peel or a ladle with a long handle. Be careful when placing the dough inside the really hot oven.
– Let the flatbread cook for about 6 to 7 minutes. You will notice that they fluff up really well. – Carefully remove the cooked flatbread and place in a cooling rack for about 5 minutes and serve.