– Coconut grated – Mint leaves / Pudina tightly packed – Pottu kadalai / roasted gram dal / dalia – Green chilies – Ginger – Salt Seasoning ingredients – Coconut oil – Mustard seeds – Urad dal / ullutham paruppu – Asafetida – Curry leaves
– Remove the mint leaves from the stem and clean it well. – Add oil in a pan and saute the mint leaves until it wilts a little. Remove it on a plate and cool it a little.
– Add the grated coconut, green chilies, ginger and dalia in a blender jar. – Make sure to thaw the frozen coconut before grinding to make chutney.
– Grind them using little water. Use little water as you grind. – Now add the sauteed mint leaves and grind it further. Add salt needed and also a little water to bring the pudina coconut chutney to the desired consistency.
– Pour the ground mint chutney in to a bowl. Add a little water in the mixer jar and clean the sides of the jar.
– Heat a small pan and add coconut oil. When the oil heats up, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, asafetida and curry leaves. Add the seasoning to the pudina chutney and mix well.
Serve coconut mint chutney with Idli, dosai or Pongal.