– ¼ cup Broken Wheat / Godhumai Rava I used finely ground broken wheat – ½ cup Yogurt mix it with ½ cup of water – 7 Mint leaves – 3 sprigs Cilantro – 1 Green chilies – ½ inch Ginger – ¼ teaspoon Cumin powder – Salt to taste
– Wash the broken wheat under running water and then add about a cup of water and cook it until soft. I cooked it in my instant pot in pressure cook mode for 6 minutes. – Let the cooked broken wheat cool down to room temperature.
– In the meantime, grind mint, cilantro, green chili and ginger into a smooth paste adding little water. – Whisk the yogurt well and add about ½ cup of water to it. Add the ground mixture to the yogurt and mix well.
– Also add the salt needed and ground cumin to the yogurt mixture. – Once the broken wheat has cooled to room temperature, add it to the yogurt mixture and mix well.
– Adjust the consistency to your preference and serve. – I make it the night before and love to drink it chilled on a hot summer day.