– 1 cup Whole green gram dhal / moong dhal /muzhu payiru – 1 cup – 1 teaspoon Ginger grated – 1 tsp – 2 Green chilies chopped – 2 – 4 tablespoon Sugar – 1.5 tablespoon Mango powder – ...
– Wash the dhal well and soak in water for about an hour. – Pressure cook the dhal with enough water until soft and mushy. Once the dhal is cooked, mash it well with a masher or a flat spoon. I used my Instant pot to cook my dhal.
– Add enough water to bring it to the desired consistency. Now add all the other ingredients except the ghee and the cilantro and mix well.
– Cook on medium heat for about 10 mins and then simmer for 15 more mins, stirring frequently in between. Since I made it on IP, I just turned t on saute mode and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
– Remove from heat and add the ghee and cilantro. Mix well and serve hot with rice or roti’s.