– Preheat the oven. Layer a baking sheet completely with parchment. – In a bowl, combine all the ingredients in the list except the honey and the water.
– In another bowl measure about a cup of water and warm it a bit. Add the honey. – Add the water to the flour / seed mixture and mix gently. The mixture should be a slightly wet thick batter. Add a little more water if needed.
– Pour this mixture on the prepared tray and spread it into a thin even layer using a spatula. Make sure that it is even as otherwise the cooking time will vary and the thinner part could get browned earlier.
– Place the tray in the oven and let it bake. Remove the tray from the oven and makes marks with a knife to slice them. This will help to break apart the crisp breads after the are completely baked.
– Place the tray back in oven and let it bake until it is crisp and golden brown.
– Remove the Norwegian Crisp Bread | Knekkebrød from the oven and let it cool down on a rack. Break it apart and store it in an airtight container. It will remain good for weeks.