– Grease a baking tray with butter. – Measure the peanuts, also the butter, vanilla and the baking soda in three bowls. Keep them ready. – In a heavy bottom pan, combine the sugar, water & the corn syrup. – Heat it until the sugar melts and the mixture starts to boil.
– Keep boiling the sugar until it starts to thicken. – Add the peanuts. – The syrup should be able to hold its shape and not melt when dropped in water.
– Reduce the heat to medium low and keep stirring the mixture until it starts to thicken further and the syrup changes to light golden color.
– Turn off the flame and quickly add the butter, vanilla and baking soda. Stir well for the butter to melt and you will notice that the mixture will start to foam up.
– Once the mixtures foams up evenly and the butter has melted, quickly pour it onto the prepared baking sheet and spread.
– Let the brittle cool down completely and then break it into pieces and enjoy!