4 h 30 min
– 1 pound Pasta any shape – 1 pound (I used rotini) – ½ cup Sun dried tomatoes in oil drained and chopped into bite size pieces – 1 cup Cherry tomatoes halved – ⅓ cup Kalamata olives pitted and sliced – 2 cups Broccoli florets removed – 1 Bell pepper I used orange color (finely chopped) – ¼ cup Red Onion finely chopped – ½ cup Basil chopped small - tap to see more
– Cook the Pasta as per the cooking instructions on the box and drain them. Also when cooking the pasta, do not forget to salt the water liberally. This is the only time we can add salt to the pasta. Let the pasta cool down to room temperature.
– In the same salted boiling water, cook the broccoli florets for about 3-4 minutes. Then drain them immediately onto a bowl with ice and water and let it cool down. Adding the cooked broccoli to the cold water ensures that the broccoli does not cook further and also helps retain its bright green color and texture.
– To make the dressing, add all the ingredients mentioned above in a bowl and whisk it well.
– Take a large mixing bowl or an aluminum foil pan and start adding all the ingredients. First add the pasta and the broccoli, and then add the chopped cherry tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and the sun dried tomatoes. Mix them well and then pour the dressing over them. Toss the salad well and check the seasoning. At the end add the basil and mix once again gently.
– Cover it tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate couple of hours before serving.