3 h 40 min
– Wash and soak the dal and rice. Soak it for a minimum of 3 hours. If making it for breakfast, soak it overnight.
– Grind the soaked mixture in the blender along with tomatoes, red chili, ginger and salt.
– The consistency of the batter should be on the thinner side. It should pour freely. – Heat a tawa / Dosa pan / griddle on medium high and when hot pour a ladle of batter in the center of the pan and using circular motions push the batter towards the outer edge and form a dosa.
– You can make the dosa as thin or thick. If they are spread thinner, they would cook quicker and also be more crispier. Thicker dosai might need a little long time to cook
– Add about a teaspoon of oil surrounding the dosa when cooking. – Let the tomato dosai cook until it is golden brown.
Serve with chutney or sambhar of your choice.