– In a medium bowl, combine the flour with salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper and dried rosemary.
– Add the water and olive oil and whisk well to combine. Cover the batter with a plastic wrap and let it rest.
– In the meantime, heat oil in a a cast iron skillet. Add the chopped onions and let it cook in low to medium heat until translucent. – Add the minced garlic and let it cook for a minute more. Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down.
– After the batter has rested, preheat the oven and heat the cast iron skillet. – Add the cooled down onion mixture along with cilantro to the batter and mix to combine.
– Grease the hot cast iron skillet liberally with olive oil and pour the batter. Tilt the pan slightly to spread.
– Remove from the oven and let it cool on a rack.
– Slice and serve when warm!