Flourless Banana Oat Breakfast Bars
Starting the day right is easy with this Flourless Banana Oat Breakfast Bars recipe. It has just the right ingredients to fill you up and at them same time tastes delicious.
- 2 Bananas Over ripe works the best
- 1 ½ cups Rolled Oats Look for gluten free
- 1 cup Peanut Butter I used smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup Maple syrup check for substitution below
- ½ cup Raisins check for substitution below
- ½ cup Almonds (sliced) check for substitution below
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil for greasing
Grease an 8 x 8 pan with butter or olive oil. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
In a bowl, place the peeled bananas and mash them with a fork until it is very smooth. Make sure that there are no large chunks of the banana and it is mashed very well.
To this add peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla and mix.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix them well together.
Place this thick mixture into the greased pan and pat it down well to make it even and smooth.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until the sides starts becoming golden brown.
Cool the pan on a cooling rack. When it is almost cool, cut into squares and cool completely.
Store the Banana Oat Bars in an airtight container or refrigerate / freeze to use later
Substitutions and alternate ingredients
- We can use any nut butter instead of peanut butter in the recipe. If you are allergic to nut butter, use Sun butter or any kind of seed butter.
- Honey can be used as a substitute for maple syrup if not making it vegan. We could also use agave syrup.
- Use any nuts of your choice. Make sure to use fresh nuts in the recipe. I have used walnuts, pecans and cashews in different occasions.
- If not a fan of raisin, use cranberry. I love cranberry and have used it many times. The whole dry fruit component can be skipped as well.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 381mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg