Spicy Fried Tofu Recipe | Air Fryer Tofu Stir Fry
This spicy Air fryer tofu stir fry recipe is perfect to make as an appetizer for the holidays. The fried tofu is absolutely delicious and takes just under 20 minutes from start to finish.
Servings: 4 servings
- 400 g Tofu preferably extra firm – 1 package (
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 small Bell pepper chopped
- 4 stalks Spring onions / scallions with the greens
- 2 cloces Garlic chopped finely
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Chili sauce Adjust based on your tastes
- 2 tbsp Corn starch
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Toasted sesame seeds to garnish - optional
To air fry the tofu -
Spray a thin layer of oil on the tofu and place it in a single layer in the basket of the pre-heated air fryer. Air fry it in 400 F for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Toss the tofu around couple of times in between.
In a pan or wok, heat 1 tbsp of oil and add the cubed onions and bell pepper.
Now add the spring onions and garlic and fry for a minutes.
Add the soy sauce, brown sugar and the chili sauce and mix well.
To this add the fried tofu and give it a good toss to combine.
Transfer it to a serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds (if using) and serve.
Expert Tips and FAQ's
Use firm or extra firm tofu for the best results.
Take time to remove as much as moisture from the tofu to get the crisp texture.
- If pan frying the tofu, make sure to keep flipping the pan evenly brown the tofu on all sides.
- Serve the Air fryer tofu stir fry right after assembling or else it could get soggy.
- More vegetables can be added to make it vegetable stir fry with tofu.
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 733mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 699IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg