Chinese Hot And Sour Soup – Vegetable Hot And Sour Soup
Hot & Sour soup definitely warms you up on a cold day. Piping hot soup with all the vegetables is perfect for lunch as it is neither too heavy, but leaves you feeling full.
Servings: 4 people
- ⅓ cup Carrot Finely chopped
- 1 Bok Choy Finely chopped
- 3 Spring onions Finely sliced
- 8-10 French Beans Finely chopped
- 4 Baby corn Finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon Jalapeno Finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 2 teaspoon Ginger Grated
- 4 cups Water
- 3 tablespoon Corn starch
- 3 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vegetarian Oyster Mushroom Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Hot chili sauce Adjust based on your level of spice
- to taste Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Oil
In a small bowl, add the cornflour, soy sauce, vegetarian oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, and chili sauce. Add 3 or 4 tablespoon of water and mix it well
In a wok or a soup pot, add oil and saute the green onions, garlic, and ginger in high heat for about 30 seconds.
Add the carrots, beans, jalapeno, and baby corn and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add the bok choy and cook it until the leaves wilt a little.
Now add the water and mix well. Let the mixture come to a boil
Once the soup starts boiling, reduce the heat, and add the sauce mixture. Let the soup come to a boil and then simmer until it thickens a bit and also let the flavors combine (about 6 to 7 minutes).
Add salt and pepper to taste and serve the Chinese Hot And Sour Soup hot!
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 964mg | Potassium: 712mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 11431IU | Vitamin C: 105mg | Calcium: 248mg | Iron: 2mg