Fiesta Pinwheels | Simple Bite Sized Appetizer
Fiesta Pinwheels is an excellent bite sized appetizer which can be made ahead of time for a party or in large quantity. It takes only 15 minutes to make and no cooking is required.
Servings: 30 Bite Size Pieces
- 4 Flour tortilla burrito size
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- 3 tablespoon Picante sauce or any Mexican hot sauce adjust based on your liking
- 1 tablespoon Taco seasoning
- 2 oz Ripe olives r about ¼ cup drained and finely chopped
- 2 oz Canned green chilies drained and finely chopped
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese finely shredded
- to serve Salsa optional
- Toothpicks to make it easier to pick and eat
In a wide bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and taco seasoning and mix well until smooth. Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
Add a heaped ¼ cup of the filling on a tortilla and spread well.
Roll it up jelly roll style tightly and lay it on a serve ware seam side down or wrap them in plastic wraps. Since I made a big batch of the recipe, I just layered mine on an aluminum tray and refrigerated it.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
Once chilled, slice them into 1 inch piece with a sharp knife and insert a tooth pick through the middle to make it easy for serving.
Serve the Fiesta Pinwheels with salsa or as is.
Roll the wraps tight so they don't open up.
Serve the pinwheels chilled. That really helps in enhancing the flavors.
- Insert toothpicks before slicing the rolls. This helps in keeping the layers intact when slicing and also makes it easier to transfer it to the serving dish.
- Use different colored wraps to make holiday theme pinwheels. I like to use spinach, tomato and regular wraps for Christmas colors.
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg