Cooking time – none
Difficulty level – easy
Recipe adapted from – Tasteofhome.com
Ingredients to make Fiesta Pinwheels– Makes about 30 bite size pieces
- Flour tortilla – 4 (burrito size)
- Cream cheese – 4 oz
- Sour cream – ¼ cup
- Picante sauce or any Mexican hot sauce – 3 tbsp (adjust based on your liking)
- Taco seasoning – 1 tbsp
- Ripe olives – 2 oz or about ¼ cup (drained and finely chopped)
- Canned green chilies – 2 oz (drained and finely chopped)
- Cheddar cheese – ½ cup (finely shredded)
- Salsa – to serve (optional)
- Toothpicks – to make it easier to pick and eat
Procedure to make Fiesta Pinwheels –
- In a wide bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and taco seasoning and mix well until smooth. Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Add a heaped ¼ cup of the filling on a tortilla and spread well.
- Roll it up jelly roll style tightly and lay it on a serve ware seam side down or wrap them in plastic wraps. Since I made a big batch of the recipe, I just layered mine on an aluminum tray and refrigerated it.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
- Once chilled, slice them into 1 inch piece with a sharp knife and insert a tooth pick through the middle to make it easy for serving.
- Serve the Fiesta Pinwheels with salsa or as is.