Crostini with Cherry Tomatoes And Mozzarella
Crostini are small bite size toasted piece of bread that is crusty and can be topped with several different toppings. This Crostini with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella is our summertime favorite to make with fresh homegrown tomatoes.
Servings: 16 Slices of Crostinis
- 1 loaf Italian bread or French bread I sliced 16 slices from it and had a little bit more remaining
- 20-24 Cherry Tomatoes sliced twice or thrice
- 1 ball Fresh mozzarella sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 5 cloves Garlic minced finely
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- a handful Fresh basil leaves chopped (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Slice the cheese, tomatoes and bread and keep them ready.
Finely mince the garlic cloves and add it to the olive oil.
Now brush both the sides of the bread with the garlic / olive oil mixture and arrange them in a baking sheet.
Bake the bread slices until light golden brown and appear toasted. This will take about 4 to 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them as the bread could burn easily.
Now top the toasted bread slices with sliced cheese, cherry tomatoes and basil pesto (or fresh basil, if using).
Bake for another 5 minutes or so until the cheese is melted and the bread is well toasted.
Serve the Crostini with Cherry Tomatoes And Mozzarella warm!
- Use a good quality bread to slice and make the crostini. This homemade French Baguette works great for the recipe if you want to bake your own bread.
- Toast the bread just until light brown and then top them before toasting again. This way the bread won't be too dark when toasting it for the second time.
- Use good quality of olive oil for the best tasting crostini.
- You could also make the toasted crostini ahead of time and then top them and bake it when ready to serve.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 278IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg