Rice Paper Rolls | Spring rolls | Summer rolls
Rice Paper Rolls is a very easy recipe and a great appetizer to feed a crowd. These Spring Rolls or Summer Rolls can be served with store bought sweet chili sauce or peanut sauce.
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Total Time20 minutes mins
Course: Appetizer, Kids Friendly, Quick and Easy
Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
Servings: 15 Rolls
- 1 oz Mung thread/sotanghon noodles can substitute with rice noodles
- 15 sheets Rice paper
- 1 cup Cabbage finely shredded
- 1 Carrot finely grated
- 1 Spring onion scallion (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoon Cilantro finely chopped
For the dressing –
- 1 tablespoon Rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cl Crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon Water
Soak the mung thread or rice noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain it and then cut it into 3 inch strips.
In a bowl add all the ingredients listed under the dressing ingredients and mix well.
To this dressing add the cut noodles, cabbage, carrot, scallion and cilantro and mix until well combined. Keep it aside for about 20 mins to marinate.
Keep a flat bowl with hot water in the work area. Slowly immerse a single rice paper sheets into the hot water for about 15 secs and slowly remove it and place it in a kitchen cloth or a wooden work board.
Place about 2 tablespoon of the prepared noodles and vegetable mixture on one half of the sheet (the side closer to you).
Now fold the sheet from the bottom over to the top and then tuck the sides in. Then give the roll one more roll and place it on a clean damp towel.
Roll the rice paper tightly so that all the stuffing is tight and intact. It will take some practice to roll them well.
Keep them covered with a damp towel until ready to serve.
Serve the Rice Paper Rolls with sweet chili sauce.
- The roll can be steamed or fried, but it tasted really fresh without any cooking.
- The roll has to be absolutely kept covered in a damp kitchen cloth. They tend to dry out pretty quickly.
- The rolls can be prepared up to 4 hrs in advance (covered in damp cloth) and can be kept in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 695IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg