– Canned Diced tomatoes – Canned tomato puree – Onion finely chopped – Garlic – Fresh red chilies I used 2 green ones – Crushed red pepper – Sugar - tap to see more ...
– In a deep pot, heat the olive oil. To get closer to the restaurant flavor, use more oil. Sauté the chopped onions until translucent and then add the minced garlic.
– Sauté for about 20 seconds and then add the canned tomatoes (diced and puree). Add the green chilies, crushed red pepper, sugar, oregano and salt and mix well. If your canned tomatoes have salt in it go very easy on the salt. You might not need any.
– Let the mixture come to a boil and then simmer. – Cook the pasta as it says in the box and then drain it.
– Top with the sauce and garnish the Penne All ‘Arrabbiata with parmesan cheese.