– Cut the bitter gourd and remove all the seeds. Chop the bitter gourd and wash well. – Add turmeric powder, salt and mix well. Keep it aside. – Squeeze the water out of the melon.
– Heat the oil. Season with mustard seeds, asafetida and turmeric powder. Also add the red chili powder.
– Now add the chopped bitter gourd / pavakkai and saute until the vegetable softens a bit.
– Add the tamarind extract, brown sugar and salt. Let it come to a boil and let the pavakkai cook entirely.
– Add the fenugreek powder at this stage and take it off the flame. – Let it cool down and then store in an airtight container.