– Preheat the oven. Line a cookie sheet with parchment and keep it aside. – Prepare the almond flour or almond meal. – In the jar of the food processor, combine the flour, almond meal, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
– Run the processor a couple of times to combine the ingredients and slowly add the oil. Pulse the processor a few times until the mixture comes together as a loose dough. When held together in the palm, it should form a ball.
– If the dough is too dry, add a teaspoon more of oil and continue doing this until it comes together. I needed about 2 more teaspoons of oil to bring the dough together.
– Roll the dough into small balls and slightly flatten them. Press a whole almond or sliced almond in each cookie and place them in a parchment lined baking sheet.
– Brush the top of the cookies with almond milk liberally and bake them until the top of the cookies have turned light brown.
– Carefully remove the cookies on a cooling rack and let it cool completely.
– Store in an airtight container.