– Sweetened flaked coconut – Condensed milk one tin – Vanilla extract – all-purpose flour Might need ¼ to ½ cup – Salt
– Preheat the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mat. – Add the coconut flake in a large bowl. Also add half the flour that we have measured. Add the salt as well if using and mix them well.
– Now add the vanilla extract and condensed milk and mix everything together. The batter will be very stiff. Take time and mix everything evenly. If the batter appears thin, then sprinkle in the rest of the flour and mix.
– Using a cookie scoop, scoop the macaroon dough on to the prepared baking sheet. I used a small cookie scoop and it measures out about 1.5 inches. Do not flatten or smoothen the dough. They should appear as little mounds. Leave a 1 inch space between each macaroon.
– Tip - I am not a gadget person, but for this particular recipe, a cookie scoop was very helpful. It helped me to measure equal size macaroons and they came out beautifully mounded. – Bake the coconut macaroons in the preheated oven. Depending on the size of the macaroons, the cooking time will vary.
– When the base of the macaroons appears light brown and the top starts to brown, remove them from the oven. – The macaroons will be very fragile and soft right after they come out of the oven. Let them sit in the baking sheet and then carefully transfer coconut macaroons to a cooling rack.
– Let them cool entirely before storing.