– In a large bowl, combine the sugar, corn starch, baking powder, and salt. – Add the eggs to it and whisk well until all the ingredients are well combined and the batter appears like a pancake batter.
– Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Heat water in a saucepan and when the water comes to a simmer, reduce the flame. Add the chocolate to a stainless steel bowl and place it over the simmering water. – Keep stirring the chocolate with a spatula until it melts completely and is smooth. – Melt the butter in the microwave gently and then add it to the melted chocolate. Mix well.
– Slowly add this chocolate mixture to the prepared sugar/egg mixture and whisk gently to combine. – Add the remaining chocolate and the chopped pecans and fold in. – Transfer this dough to a clean bowl and wrap it with a plastic wrap making sure that the plastic wrap touches the top of the dough. This prevents skin formation in the top layer.
– Refrigerate this dough overnight. – Preheat the oven and line two baking sheets with parchment. – Remove the dough from the refrigerator.
– Take about a small handful of dough in your hands. Roll it quickly and place it on the prepared sheet. Gently press each ball to flatten it slightly. – Bake the cookies. Remove them from the oven and let them cool on the rack.
– Carefully remove the cookies with the parchment sheet and let them cool on a rack. – Repeat with the rest of the dough. Once cooled, store in an airtight container.