– Eggplant / Kathirikkai cubed – Drumstick / Murungaikai – Tamarind A lemon size ball soaked in hot water – Buttermilk sour – Oil – Mustard seeds – Red chilies – Curry leaves - tap to see more ...
– In a small frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon of oil and fry the red chilies and fenugreek seeds until aromatic and light browned. Let it cool down a bit and then add the raw rice and coconut to the mixture and grind it into a paste adding little water.
– Soak the tamarind in hot water and squeeze the pulp out. Whick the buttermilk well and keep it ready. – In a sauce pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and then add the mustard seeds, red chilies and curry leaves.
– Add the chopped vegetables and saute them for couple of minutes. – Now add the extracted tamarind pulp and salt to the pan and let it boil until the vegetables are cooked and the smell of the tamarind goes away.
– Next add the ground paste and let it come to a boil. Let it simmer. – Now turn the flame to the lowest and add the whisked buttermilk. Mix well and let it cook until the kuzhambu froths up on top. Do not let the kuzhambu boil too hard after adding the buttermilk as it could split.
– Serve hot with rice.