– Pearl Barley – Water – Tap to see more ...
– In a large pan, toast the pearl barley until brown and aromatic. Keep the heat low and constantly stir the barley to prevent burning. Barley takes about 7 to 8 minutes to be brown and aromatic.
– Add 6 cups of water to the same pan and bring it to a boil. – Once the water boils, simmer the flame and let the barley seep for about 20 minutes.
– You can let the barley seep for any where between 5 to 30 minutes. 20 minutes for perfect for us as it had a good nutty flavor and at the same time was not too strong. – Strain the mixture and pour into glasses and enjoy.
– You could serve it warm or cold. We liked ours warm and it was very soothing.