– Measure the makhana/fox nut and chop it into halves or quarters. I just chopped them in halves.
– Soak the almonds in hot water and peel them. Add a little water or milk and grind the almonds into a smooth paste.
– Heat the ghee in a pan and add the chopped fox nut. Roast them in low flame until they are light brown.
– Remove the roasted fox nut/makhana in a plate and in the same pan, measure the milk, and add the evaporated milk to it. – Also, add the ground almond paste to the milk and bring it to a boil. Simmer the heat and let the milk mixture reduce a bit to make it condensed and flavorful.
– Add the sugar to the milk and mix well to dissolve. – Now add the roasted makhana to the milk and continue to cook until the makhanas soften and the milk condenses further.
– Add the cardamom powder and saffron threads and mix well. – Remove from heat and serve warm or chilled!