– Select firm raw mango with no visible blemishes or injuries to the surface. Clean it well and cut it into tiny pieces with the skin on.
– Dry roast the fenugreek seeds and grind them into a powder and keep aside. – Add the cut mango pieces in a wide bowl and to this add the red chili powder, fenugreek powder, salt, and asafetida.
– Heat oil and to this add the mustard seeds.
– Once the seeds sputter, add the hot oil to the mango bowl right onto the piled-up spices. The hot oil will sort of fry the spices and make them aromatic.
– Now mix everything well and store it in an airtight container.