– ½ cup All Purpose flour – 1 teaspoon Cinnamon – ⅛ teaspoon All spice – ⅛ teaspoon Ground cloves – ¼ teaspoon Baking soda – ½ teaspoon Baking powder – 2 teaspoon Flax meal – ½ cup Carrot finely grated – 4 Tablespoon Brown sugar
– Milk – Sour Cream – Butter melted – Vanilla extract For the Cream Cheese Frosting - – Cream cheese – Butter – Vanilla – Powdered sugar
– In a bowl, combine all the wet ingredients along with the grated carrots. – In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Mix them to combine using a wire whisk.
– Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix gently to combine. Do not over mix as the cake will turn our hard. – Grease a couple of ramekins well with butter. Add the prepared batter to the bowl.
– Microwave for a minute in 50% Power. The batter did rise quite a bit, so make sure that you are cooking it in low power. After a minute, cook it further. – Remove the ramekins from the microwave and set it to cool. Remember that the bowls will be quite hot to handle.
– Once they cool down, run a knife along the edges of the bowl and remove the cake. Slice the cake in between and spread the cream cheese frosting in between the layers. Spread some frosting on the top as well and serve.
– Soften a cream cheese in the microwave and whisk it well. Add the vanilla and the butter and combine. – Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix well to combine. – The frosting is ready to use now.