– 21/2 cups All purpose flour – 1 teaspoon Baking soda – 11/2 teaspoon Ginger ground – ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon ground – ¼ teaspoon Cloves ground – ½ cup Butter room temperature, diced – 13/4 cup Caster super fine sugar super fine sugar – 1 Egg – 4 tablespoon Molasses – 1 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
– Preheat the oven. – Sift the flour, baking soda and spices into a small bowl and set aside.
– Place the butter and two-thirds of the sugar in the bowl of the mixer and cream together. Lightly beat in the egg. – Add the flour mixture and mix in thoroughly to make soft dough.
– Shape the dough into 2 cm balls. Roll these balls in the remaining sugar to coat and place them on the prepared baking sheets, spaced around 2 inches apart to allow the dough to spread.
– Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the cookies are just firm to touch. With a spatula transfer the cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
Storing-The cookies store well at room temperature in an airtight container for a week.