1 hour 5 m
– Cook the rice with a star anise and salt and keep aside to cool. Wash and soak the rice. Add a star anise to about 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Add the drained rice along with salt to the boiling water and mix. Let it come to a quick boil and then simmer.
– In a pan, heat the oil or ghee. Add the fennel seeds and cardamom and let it fry for couple of minutes. – Add the sliced onions and let it saute until translucent.
– Now add the bell pepper and the cabbage and mix well. Also add the chopped mint and let it all cook until the cabbage and the bell pepper are cooked. Make sure that the cabbage and the pepper still maintain some crunch to it.
– Now add all the dry masala powders; turmeric powder, red chili powder, dhania jeera powder and biriyani masala along with salt needed. – Mix well and add the yogurt. Saute until the oil starts to separate and the mixture becomes aromatic.
– Add the cooked and cooled rice to the vegetable mixture and gently mix. Take care that we don't break the rice. Cover the pan and simmer. – Turn off the heat and serve hot with raita.
Cream cheese spiral cookies are not overly sweet and are perfect for those who like less sweet desserts.