- Layer two baking sheets with silicon mats or parchment paper and keep them ready. Preheat the oven. In the food processor bowl, add the flour, cheese, salt, and butter.
- Pulse the processor a few times until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Now add milk and run the processor until the mixture forms soft dough.
- Gather the ball and knead it again gently. If the dough feels too soft, then refrigerate before rolling. Divide the dough into two parts.
- Roll it into a rectangle.
- Make sure to liberally dust the rolling surface with flour. Keep the width of the rectangle to the size you want the straws to measure. Roll the dough. Using a pizza cutter to cut the rolled-out dough into straws.
- Transfer the cut dough carefully to a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake until the straws are golden brown in color.
– Cool entirely in a rack and then store in an air-tight container.