1 h 10 minutes
–Carrots grated – Sugar – Cornstarch – Walnuts coarsely or finely chopped – Coconut powder – Water plus 2 tbsp
– In a heavy bottom pan, combine the carrot, sugar and 1 cup of water. – Cook over medium low heat until all the liquid has been absorbed.
– At this stage add the cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoon of water to the carrot mixture. – Mix well and using a potato masher, mash the carrots well.
– Now stir in the walnuts and mix. Remove from flame. – In a 5 x 7 Pyrex pan, spread about ½ of the coconut powder on the bottom.
– Now spoon the carrot mixture into the dish and spread evenly. Use a spatula or your finger tips to even it out in the top. – Now spread the remaining coconut powder evenly over the carrot mixture and keep it aside covered partially to cool. Let it cool in room temperature.
– Now cut into 1 inch squares and serve! If preferred, sprinkle more coconut powder when serving.