– 2 cups Broccoli Chopped – 2 Potatoes Peeled and chopped – 1 large Onion Sliced – 2 tbsp. Oil – to taste Salt
GRIND TOGETHER (MASALA INGREDIENTS) – Jeera/Cumin seeds – Saunf/fennel seeds – Green chilies – piece Ginger – Garlic – Cashew nuts – Coconut Grated – Cloves – Cardamom – stick Cinnamon – Onion
– Grind all the ingredients listed under the masala ingredients into a smooth paste. – Separate the Broccoli florets and clean them well. Pat it dry and fry it in about a tablespoon of oil. Fry it.
– Also peel the potatoes and par boil them until they are partially cooked. Don't overcook them. They will finish cooking in the kurma. – In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the sliced onions till translucent.
– Add the ground masala to the onions and fry till aromatic and the oil leaves the sides of the pan. The more the masala fries the better the subzi tastes, so even if the masala is sticking to the bottom of the pan, sprinkle a little water and continue to fry.
– Now add the par boiled potatoes along with the broccoli. Add about a cup of water and salt needed. Let the kurma come to a boil and let it simmer until the vegetables are cooked
– Serve the Broccoli Potato Kurma hot with Rotis, parathas, or rice.