– Chop all the fruits and place them in a bowl. Add sugar to it and mix it well. Leave it aside for about 15 minutes. – Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a pan and add the marinated fruits. Give it a quick stir and fry in the ghee for about 2-3 minutes.
– Remove the fruits back into the bowl and in the same pan, heat the remaining ghee and oil. Oil helps in maintaining the consistency of the kesari preventing it from becoming a solid mass when cooled. – Add the cashews and cranberries and fry them until light golden.
– To the same pan, add the rava and roast them until aromatic and lightly golden. Simultaneously, boil 2 ½ cups of water to rolling boil. – Let the rava cook in low flame for 2-3 minutes until very soft. Larger rava might take a little longer to cook. Cover the pan.
– At this stage add the fruits and mix. – Now add the sugar and stir. The mixture will become loose after adding the sugar, but will thicken as we cook.
– Cook for about 5 minutes and then turn off the flame. Remove the kesari when it is still has a loose consistency as it will harden as it cools. – The kesari will remain good in room temperature for couple of days and a week if refrigerated.