– Poosanikkai – Turmeric powder – Yogurt – Salt To Grind into paste - – Coconut – Cumin seeds – Green chilies – Raw rice To season - – Oil – Mustard seeds – Ullutham paruppu – Curry leaves – Asafetida
– Chop the ash gourd / poosanikkai into bite size cubes. Place it in a pan with water and turmeric powder.
– Let the vegetable cook until they are soft.
– Meanwhile, grind the coconut, green chilies, cumin seeds and rice into a smooth paste. – Combine this mixture with the whisked yogurt and keep it ready.
– Once the vegetable is cooked well, drain any excess water. Add salt needed and the coconut mixture and let the kootu simmer for flavors to combine. – Heat oil for seasoning and add the seasoning ingredients. Add it to the simmering kootu. – Serve hot with rice , paruppu (dal) and ghee!