– 1 package Spinach I used frozen cut leaf spinach(12 oz) – Onion chopped finely – Tomato chopped finely – Yogurt Slightly sour would work great – Oil – Mustard seeds – Fenugreek seeds – Red chilies – Curry leaves – Ginger finely grated – Garlic minced – Salt
– Chop and cook the spinach in just enough water. If the spinach is chopped fine. I ran my hand blender a couple of times just to get it all together. – In a pan, heat the oil. Add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chilies and the curry leaves and let them splutter.
– Now add the chopped onions and fry it until light brown. Add the ginger and the garlic and fry for a minute more. – Now add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are soft.
– Add the cooked spinach and salt needed. Mix well and let it come to a boil. Simmer to let the flavors come together. – Meanwhile whisk the yogurt.
– Remove the cooked spinach from the heat and then add the yogurt in it. Mix well and return it to heat. Let it come to gentle boil and then simmer for 5 minutes in low flame. – Serve hot with rice and ghee!