– Milk I used whole milk – Sugar I used raw sugar – Cardamom Powder / Elaichi powder – Nuts Optional (chopped)
– Pour the milk in a wide heavy bottomed vessel and keep it on medium flame. Let the milk come to a boil and then simmer the heat and let the milk reduce.
– Once the milk starts to boil over, add a small stainless steel plate inside the vessel to keep the milk from boiling over.
– Let the milk reduce and once it gets to a mud like consistency, add the sugar and stir it well. Keep stirring the milk frequently, to make sure that the milk does not stick to the bottom.
– Once the sugar is added, the mixture will liquefy a little. Upon cooking down more, it will come to a semisolid consistency.
– Take it out of the flame, when it is still a little on the runny side. The therattipal would solidify as it cools down. At the end, add the cardamom powder, mix well and turn off the flame.