– Wash the palak and chop it coarsely. Heat some butter and fry the palak until it shrinks. Allow it cool and then grind it into a smooth paste. – Soak cashews and poppy seeds for 10 mins and grind it into a smooth paste.
– Cut paneer (Tofu) into small cubes and shallow fry it in little oil/butter until its light brown and transfer it to a bowl with warm water. – Now add the dhania powder, jeera powder, chilli powder and the garam masala powder.
– Stir for couple of minute and then add the whipped curd. Cook in reduced flame until the oil floats on top. – Now add the tomatoes and mix well. Cook until the tomatoes are soft.
– Add salt, sugar, ground palak leaves, turmeric powder and cook for few minutes. – Now add the cashew poppy paste and add just enough water to bring the gravy to the required consistency. Cook in medium heat until the gravy is thick. Now add the fried paneer (tofu) and let it come to a boil once.
– Sprinkle the rest of the garam masala powder and serve hot with parathas or rotis.