– Beans Cut into tiny pieces – Coconut Grated – Moong dal/payatham paruppu – Mustard – Urad dal/ullutham paruppu – Red chilies – Curry leaves few –Asafetida – Salt to taste – Oil
– Clean the beans and cut into tiny pieces. In a pot, add the beans, moong dal and add enough water to cover it and let it come to boil. – Let the beans and the moong dal cook ¾ th ways and at this point generously add salt to the boiling water.
– Once you add the salt, let it boil for couple of minutes so the beans and the dal absorb the salt. Drain it in a colander. – In the same pot, add the oil. Once the oil is heated add the seasonings. Once they splutter, add the drained beans and mix it well.
– Add the sugar and let it cook until all the water evaporates and the beans look dry. Now add the grated coconut and mix it well.
– Take it off the flame and serve with rice and sambhar or rasam.