– Cabbage chopped – Carrot chopped – Ginger grated – Coconut grated – Oil – Mustard seeds – Urad dal/Ullutham paruppu – Red chilies – Green chilies Slit lengthwise – Asafetida – Salt – Sugar optional – Curry leaves
– Chop the carrot and cabbage and keep aside. – In a wide pan, heat the oil and add all the seasonings (Mustard seeds, ullutham paruppu, red chilies, green chilies, curry leaves, asafetida, and ginger). Let them fry for a minute.
– Now add the carrot and cabbage and mix well. Cover the pan and let the vegetables cook on medium heat for about 10-15 mins. Stir few times in between to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the pan. Also, sprinkle little water if needed.
– Once the vegetables are cooked, add the salt and mix well. Let it cook. Make sure all the water has evaporated and the curry is dry in appearance. At this stage add the grated coconut and mix well. Also, add the sugar now if using. Let it all combine and come together.
– Take it off the flame and serve with rice or Rotis!