– Potatoes peeled and chopped into ½ inch cubes – Oil – Mustard seeds – Turmeric powder – Red chili powder - Tap to see more ...
– Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Place the chopped potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and cook them. The potatoes should still retain its shape but give up when you apply pressure.
– Heat the oil in a wide skillet and add the seasonings (Mustard seeds, turmeric powder, curry leaves). Fry then add the red chili powder, dhania jeera powder and salt. Give it a good mix and then add the cooked potatoes. Mix well and let it fry in medium high heat.
– Do not keep stirring the potatoes since this will cause it to become mushy. Let it fry until the color changes and then stir it once. Now let it fry again. Use minimum contact with the potatoes when frying, but keep an eye on it all the while.
– Once evenly browned, remove the Urulaikizhangu Curry from fire and serve!