1 hour 10 min
– Line two baking sheets with a silicon mat or grease them with oil. Preheat the oven. – Clean the sweet potatoes and peel the skin. Make uniform thin long cuts out of the potatoes. Make sure the potatoes are evenly cut.
– Wash the sweet potato slices a couple of times and then soak them in cold water. – Soaking the sweet potatoes in cold water helps in removing the starch and that could help the fries become crispy.
– Drain the soaked sweet potatoes and spread them on a kitchen towel to dry. Place the dried sweet potato wedges in a wide bowl. – To the prepared sweet potatoes, add all the spices, salt, sugar and oil and mix them well using your hands.
– Layer them in the prepared baking trays. Make sure the sweet potatoes are in a single layer and not one on top of another. – Bake them in the preheated oven, turning them once or twice in between.
– Sweet potato fries are a wonderful side for Burger night or with any sandwich.