1 h 20 min
– Boil the Potato and sweet potato, peel them and mash them. Grate the paneer and add it to the mashed potato. – Add chopped green chilies, cilantro and salt to the mixture. Also add the corn flour and mix it to form smooth dough.
– Make small balls out of the dough and stuff each of the balls with 2 or 3 raisins. Close the balls and keep it aside. – Heat sufficient oil in a pan and deep fry these koftas until they are golden brown. Add only 3-4 koftas at a time when frying.
– Drain them on a paper towel lined tray and keep aside until ready to serve. Also the koftas could be kept warm in the oven until ready to serve.
– Chop the onions into quarter and cook it in a pressure cooker until mushy with just ¼ cup of water. – Soak the cashews in warm water. Grind it into a paste with the tomatoes and keep aside.
– In a wide pan, add the oil/butter and heat it. Add the ground onion paste and sauté till the onions are pink. – Now add the ginger garlic paste and continue to sauté. – Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder and cook.
– Now add the cashew-tomato mixture and sauté it till the oil floats on top. – Now add the salt, garam masala and a cup of water and simmer for about 10 mins.
– Add the cream and heat it through. Do not let it boil after adding the cream.
– When ready to serve, place the koftas in the serving dish and add the warm gravy on top. Add just enough gravy to immerse the koftas. – Serve the Kofta Noor Jahani with parathas or rice!