– 2 cups Makhana / Foxnut– 2 teaspoon Oil– Salt as needed– ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder– ½ teaspoon Red chili powder adjust based on your spice level– ½ teaspoon Chaat Masala optional
– Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a wide pan and add the measured makhana / foxnut. Roast the makhana in low flame until aromatic and crunchy. It will take 7 to 10 minutes for the makhanas to completely roast.
– Remove the roasted foxnut in a plate and in the same pan, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil. If you are not a vegan, you could also use butter to make it more flavorful.
– Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt to the hot oil / butter and add the roasted makhana to the pan.– Toss well to combine. Turn off the flame and when the makhana is still warm, sprinkle the chaat masala if using.
– Mix again and store in an airtight container when completely cool.– Enjoy the crunchy makhana with tea or coffee.