Mango Julius is a delicious non alcoholic blended cocktail made with mango juice. I decided to make this as my second mocktail recipe for the Blogging marathon series since mangoes are in season in many places. The recipes I came across had mango juice and vanilla ice cream in the recipe. I happened to have a box of Mango flavored ice cream in my freezer which needed a little TLC, since no one really liked it. So I thought this would be a perfect way to use it up and it indeed was the best thing I did to free up some space in the freezer.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – none
Difficulty level – easy
Recipe source – About.com
Ingredients to make Mango Julius – makes 1 tall glass
- Mango juice – 1 cup (I used 2 scoops of Mango Ice cream)
- Milk – 2 ounces
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla ice cream – 1 scoop (omit if using mango ice cream and use only if using mango juice)
- Ice cubes – ½ cup
- Water – to adjust the consistency if needed (I used about 2 ounces)
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned above in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour in tall glasses and garnish the Mango Julius with some mango pieces (if available).