Preparation time – 30 mins
Cooking time – 45 mins
Difficulty level – medium
Ingredients to make Red Curry – (serves 4-6)
- Homemade red curry paste – 3 tbsp
- Coconut milk – 1 – 14oz can
- Onions – 1 (sliced)
- Tofu (extra firm) – 1 package (drained and cut into cubes)
- Choice of Mixed vegetables – 3 cups
- Snow peas
- Baby corn
- Pineapples (chopped) – 1 cup
- Spring onions – 4 (chopped with the green top)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Ginger powder- 1 tsp
- Thai basil – few (substitute regular basil)
- bean sprouts (optional) - few
- Steam cook the vegetables individually with a pinch of ginger powder until half done. Keep aside.
- Heat about a tbsp of oil in a wide pan and slightly brown the tofu. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil and sauté the onions and green onions until translucent.
- Add the red curry paste and cook for about a minute or so.
- Add the coconut milk and let it come to a boil. Simmer for about 5 mins.
- Now add the steamed vegetables and pineapple and cook for about 8-10 mins.
- Then add the tofu and salt to taste. Add water if needed to bring it to required consistency.
- Bring it to a gentle boil and simmer for about 10 more mins. Check for doneness of the vegetables. Keep in mind that the vegetables should still have a bite to it and should not be too mushy.
- Tear few basil leaves and add at the end. Mix well and serve the Thai red curry with white rice, jasmine rice or brown rice.
Looking for more Thai recipes, check this out 🙂 Pad Thai noodles