Any chocolate lover would cherish this Double Chocolate Cookies. This cookie has chocolate in all forms. I am not a big chocolate person but this cookie got my taste buds too.I need to confess that I was not in my best forms when I began to make this cookie. My son wanted to help me in the kitchen and hence started thinking about what he could make with me. I decided to try one of the recipes that I came across the Internet. All this happened post dinner at about 8.30pm and we began the chocolate journey.
Difficulty level – Easy/Intermediate
Preparation time – 30 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins/batch of cookies
Ingredients to make Double Chocolate Cookies –
- All purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2tsp
- Coarsely chopped good quality Milk chocolate – 4 oz (I used Hershey’s Milk chocolate)
- Semi sweet chocolate chip – 1/2 cup
- Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup (1 stick)
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Eggs – 2 large
- Vanilla extract – 1tsp
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Melt 4 Oz of milk chocolate(Chopped) with butter in a small heat proof vessel set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not attempt to melt chocolate directly as chocolate burns very easily). let it cool to room temperature.
- Mix Chocolate mixture, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually mix in the flour mixture. Add the chocolate chip at the end and mix gently.
- Using tablespoon measure drop the dough on a parchment lined baking tray, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are flat and surface crack (Around 13 – 15 mins). These cookies are soft. Baking them longer makes them harder.
- Cool the Double Chocolate Cookies on wire racks and store them layered in parchment in a airtight container at room temperature.
I see these cookies as an intermediate between Brownie and Cookie. My son loved them and it has made its grand entry into my keeper’s list.